Section J6 Group 2 Brainstorming Page
Brain STORMING Ideas
- use Minecraft to create something
- make a custom texture pack to fit with our creation
- maybe create a game with in a game
- we could easily use screen capture to keep track of progression
- questions: How much time are we willing to spend? with all of us working, we should be ok
- make a smartphone app that serves a unique purpose or, by intention, serves no purpose
- questions: Do we have the programming knowledge? SDKs make it easier Do we have the hardware to test with? some of us, plus we can use emulators Do we have an idea? maybe we do not need one
- make an Atari game
- questions: Do we have the programming knowledge? uses BASIC, should not be too hard Can we make something expansive enough? perhaps we would need a more modern platform
- open software (x)
- questions: Do we have the programming knowledge? probably not Are we able to change an existing program enough to make it totally unique?
- use solar cells to make a sustainable electronic creation
- solar cell plant that "grows" and "dies"
- questions: How much will it cost? we would need to use small solar panels Do we have the tools? we would need to do a lot of borrowing or buying
- buy a "kit" and make it into something completely different ("IKEA hacking")
- use an electronics kit to emphasize technological aspect of hacking
- questions: How much will it cost? we do not need to buy from IKEA Will we be inventive enough?
- use something simple to make something complex
- toy snap circuit used in conjunction to build a complicated circuit
- questions: Can this be done with the limitation of the individual units? How much time are we willing to spend?
- make a movie
- use software video/audio mashing
- possibly create a program that randomly does the mashing
- questions: Do we have the editing skills? yes
- use our surrounding to form a piece of art
- questions: Can we get a high enough vantage point? What will be the material costs for a large work?
- light graffiti
- questions: Can we obtain the software to do this? What unique purpose can we give to the graffiti?
- projector hacking (x)
- questions: Are we willing to play around with expensive projectors? probably not Do we have a projector we can use at our leisure?
- large-scale monitor art
- using screens as pixels to form a piece of art
- create a tunnel of screen to form a "laptop world"
- use a screen tunnel as a flipbook
- design software to "monitorize" a given image or video
- questions: Can we get a high enough vantage point? Can we get enough people? if we start early enough
- Warped Reality
- Spatial Dissonance: A Virtual Room
- The Spatial Dissonator
- tagline: Creating A Virtual Room